Are you a budding videographer? Like to get into editing short videos and documentaries? Looking for a way to empower your passion for mission with hands-on training and experience in video production? Why not join us for Media2Go 2013?
What is Media2Go?
Media2Go is a 6-7 week intensive media course and field assignment developed, facilitated, and staffed by Create Emerge (Create International).
M2G is a ‘feet-wetting’ experience in all aspects of documentary film-making—camera technique, audio, scripting and editing—geared towards individuals with a desire to document stories of transformation throughout the world.
M2G will provide an opportunity to experience working in a team environment, maximizing creative potential by blending complementary skills and giftings.
2 Weeks Pre-Trip Training | Chiang Mai, Thailand
2 Weeks Docu-Trip | SE Asia*
3 Weeks Post-Production | Chiang Mai, Thailand
* most likely destination
Topics we’ll be covering
- Pre-Production/Pre-Trip Planning (developing story and creative concepts, shot-lists, equipment operation, interviewing basics)
- Video Camera Operation (types of shots, movement mechanics, camera operation basics)
- Audio (use of microphones, on-field audio basics)
- Photography (composition, basic lighting and camera techniques)
- Post-Production (storytelling in editing, creative editing, use of music, understanding formats, Final Cut Pro basics)
- Creating With God (role of prayer and team process)
- Biblical Understanding of Holistic Mission (identifying and advocating for the vulnerable, isolated and oppressed; big picture story of what God’s doing in the world)
- Understanding Mobilisation(elements of presentation, use of media)
March 24 – May 10, 2013
Create International Thailand | Chiang Mai, Thailand
Highly recommended: laptop with video editing software and digital camcorder or digital SLR camera.
60,000* THB | Thai Baht (approx. $2010 USD as of January 17th 2013) Currency Conversion
Cost includes all course fees, food & accommodation, and outreach transportation + ground costs.
* Could be higher if docu-trip outreach is beyond SE Asia.
Create Emerge offers some scholarships to married couples and students with citizenship in World B & C countries such as Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Cambodia, Brazil, Colombia, Mexico, South Africa, Nigeria, India, and China. Please contact email@example.com for further information.
A good story can change your life. It’s happened to us, and it’s probably happened to you. We’ve devoted ourselves to creatively telling stories of ordinary heroes who rarely make it into the mainstream media. These are stories of people overcoming in difficult circumstances, refusing to quit, passionately standing on behalf of the ‘weak’, championing others, loving enemies, doing justice, loving mercy, and walking after God… Thousands of stories are out there waiting to be told: stories that challenge, educate, inspire, awaken, and provoke a response.
The world needs more storytellers!
Media2Go Thailand 2013 | Promo from Create Emerge on Vimeo.
Read student testimonies | View video projects
There is no previous YWAM experience required when applying for Media2Go. So… go for it! Download the M2G application package (electronically fillable). Make sure to read through the revised payment instructions on the first page. If you have difficulty viewing the PDF’s try downloading the latest version of Adobe Reader or contact us and request a M2G application form.
Application cut-off: Thursday 28th Feb
M2G application package | Adobe Reader | Contact us
KB & AW– Create Emerge
Tags: Adventure, Media, Media2Go, Mobilisation, Outreach, Training
This entry was posted on Thursday, October 18th, 2012 at 2:30 am and is filed under Missions, Opportunites, Training. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.